A pinecone tree project is one of the most magical Christmas crafts for kids. As shown below, it’s fun and super easy to make with a few supplies and materials available in your backyard.
Supplies / Materials Required
- Hot glue gun
- Wooden or cardboard stars
- Slices of wood
- Acrylic paint (green, yellow, red, blue, and white)
- Artist’s paintbrushes
How to Make Pinecone Tree Christmas Crafts for Kids
Here are the super easy steps for making a DIY pinecone tree:
- Use your artist’s paintbrush to paint a pinecone green. Be sure to cover the entire surface with paint.
- Allow the paint to dry.
- Use another brush to paint some of the pinecone tips white to create the impression of snow-covered branches.
- With another small paintbrush, paint tiny yellow, red, and blue dots to add Christmas lights to the tree.
- Paint your wooden star bright yellow.
- Using hot glue, attach the pinecone tree to a wood slice, which serves as the base.
- Apply hot glue to one side of the star and stick it to the top of your pinecone tree.
Feel free to repeat the entire process to create several pinecone Christmas trees and build a little decorative forest. You may display the magical trees anywhere around your house, including on table tops.
- To create a much bigger tree, secure a foam cone of your preferred tree height to the wood slice. Then, attach the pinecones to the cone.
- You don’t have to paint the pinecones, especially if you’re looking to create a magical, rustic feel.
- You may use DIY cardboard stars if you don’t wish to buy the wooden ones. It’s okay to use multiple stars depending on the size of your pinecone tree.
Christmas crafts for kids can create unforgettable memories for your little ones and yourself at home. As you look forward to the magic and festivities, be sure you have homeowners insurance. Contact us at Steve Wilk Insurance to get a personalized cover right away. You may visit our office today at 310 S Main Street, Suite C, Lombard, IL 60148 for further assistance, or give us a call!