Spring is here and people are starting to get their boats out of storage and back on the water where they belong. Before putting your boat on the water for boating season, it is important to go over some things to make sure it is water worthy. Here are some basic things to check before setting sail.
Getting Your Boat Ready for the Water
- Look over the plugs to make sure they are completely sealed.
- Inspect fuel lines and any other lines for wear and tear. Replace it if any lines are damaged.
- Give the engine a once over and remove any fluids that were placed there for winter storage.
- Inspect the prop for rust or damage.
- Update your boat insurance coverage and make sure you have liability insurance coverage.
- Take a look at the trailer and make sure the wheels are in good shape and as well as the cables that secure the boat to the frame.
Start the summer off on the right foot and prepare your boat the correct way. For more information about boat insurance please contact Steve Wilk Insurance Agency. His team of trained insurance agents can help you the watercraft insurance that fits your needs.