Serve up this perfect side dish for Thanksgiving dinner.
While turkey is bound to be the star of your Thanksgiving dinner, many people would argue that it’s actually all the delicious side dishes that are the highlight of the meal. Looking for a new dish to serve alongside your turkey? Consider preparing these tasty Parmesan-crusted Brussels sprouts.
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- Caesar dressing, for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil.
- Add flour to a medium shallow bowl and eggs to a separate medium shallow bowl. In a third shallow bowl, whisk together panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan, olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne.
- Working in batches, toss Brussels sprouts in the flour until fully coated, and then dunk in the eggs. Dredge in panko mixture and place on a baking sheet. Bake until golden and crispy, about 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately with Caesar dressing, if using.
This tasty dish can be served as a side dish or as a fun appetizer this Thanksgiving. Are you looking for assistance with your coverage this holiday season? If so, contact the experts at Steve Wilk Insurance. Located in Illinois, check out our new office at 310 S Main Street, Suite C, Lombard, IL 60148.